2010 IHIAGWA DAY CELEBRATION, DECEMBER 26, 2010:
HISTORY OF APAPA BRANCH OF IWA, LAGOS.
The birth of Apapa Branch of IWA in 1999 (the last of three Branches in Lagos) has remote and immediate causes.
In August 1999, Apapa Branch (Men’s Wing) of IWA was formed. The base is Apapa Town. We took off with over thirty men. In a short time, we rose to one hundred and two members when we went to 2000 Home Conference and sought for acceptance and registration. These were granted. Since 2000, we have attended all conferences and distress calls from home.
OUR FOUNDING OFFICERS WERE: PATRONS:
1. President - Mr. G. A. Ude (retired now at home) -Mr. Joe Onuoha
2. Vice - Mr. Cyril Nwagbaraocha -Mr. Fidelis Anokam
3. Gen. Secretary - Mr. Evans Anokam -Elder Solomon Nze
4. Asst. Gen. - Mr. Anthony Ukwuoma -Elder Solomon Nze
5. Fin Secretary - Mr. Chris Ajoku -Elder Solomon Nze
6. Asst. Fin. Sec. - Mr. Andy Okoroafor -Mr. Celestine Nnadi
7. Soc. Secretary - Mr. Patrick Oparaugo -Mr. Caleb Irechukwu (late)
8. Publicity Sec. - Hon. Cele Eze-Agoziem
9. Provost - Mr. Geoffrey Agoziem
10. Treasurer - Mr. Charles Abaleke
CURRENT OFFICERS ARE:
1. President - Mr. Mike Ekeh 6. Treasurer - Elder Charles Abaleke
2. Vice President - Mr. Richman Ekeopara 7. Social Sec. - Mr. Patrick Oparaugo
3. Gen. Secretary - Pastor Romanus Ekeh 8. Publicity Sec.- Mr. Kingsley Nkwazema 4. Asst. Gen. Sec. - Elder Jude Oparaugo 9. Provost - Mr. Geoffrey Agoziem
5. Fin. Secretary - Mr. Ignatius Agbagwa / 10. Patrons - Nze Joe Onuoha
- Mr. Patrick Amaechi - Elder Emmanuel Obi
- Mr. Celestine Nnadi
While appreciating your noble role to give Ihiagwa Autonomous Community a new direction and rekindle our hopes as a people, we pray that the labours of heroes past should not go in vain and that our Almighty and merciful Father in Heaven, will grant you wisdom in all your endeavors to better the lots of Ihiagwa people.
NB: Nze Joe Onuoha has been nominated for the award, he is our candidate.
IHIAGWA WELFARE ASSOCIATION (IWA) LAGOS BRANCH
A. HIGH POINTS:
· Established in the 60s
· Membership strength 200
· Registration: free for all sons/daughters/wives from 18years of age.
· Date of meeting: 1st Sunday every month 2.30pm
· Venue of meeting: Stadium High School. Surulere, Lagos
· Major Attraction: Ihiagwa Foundation: awarding bursaries/scholarships etc.
B. CURRENT EXECUTIVE MEMBERS: MALE
1. Apostle (Dr.) Ray Uba FCA JP President
2. Mr. Innocent Nwaneri Vice President
3. Mr. Damian Akujuobi Gen. Sec.
4. Mr. Noble Eboh Asst. Gen. Sec.
5. Mr. Ebere Okere Financial Sec.
6. Mr. Sam Chima Treasurer
7. Mr. Nick Ekechi 1st Asst. Fin. Sec.
8. Mr. Victor Ekeh 2nd Asst. Fin. Sec
9. Dr. S.C. Opara Mni Life Patron
10. Mr. Ralph Anah Grand Patron
11. Mr. Edmund Ohale Patron
12. Mr. Celestine Unegbu Patron
13. Apostle H. Okere Patron
14. Mr. Geoffrey Opara Executive Member
15. Barrister G. Umunnakwe Executive Member
16. Professor Augustine Ekechi Executive Member
C. CURRENT EXECUTIVE MEMBERS: FEMALE
1. Mrs. Sylvia Alimonu President
2. Mrs. Beatrice Uboh Vice President
3. Mrs. Theresa Okere Gen. Sec.
4. Mrs. Rita Ihueze Asst. Gen. Sec.
5. Lolo Amaka Opara Treasurer
6. Mrs. Ann Ogwuru Fin. Sec.
7. Mrs. Esther Anuforo Asst. Fin. Sec.
8. Mrs. Grace Nwagbaraocha Social Sec.
9. Mrs. Stella Ekechi Asst. Social Sec.
10. Mrs. Caroline Ihanacho PRO
11. Mrs. Roseline Nwaneri Asst. PRO
12. Mrs. Theresa Obiyor Provost
13. Mrs. Irene Ejeh Asst. Provost
14. Mrs. Lina Obi Welfare officer
15. Mrs. Rose Annah Matron
16. Mrs. Nkem Abrodo Matron
17. Mrs. Martina Onyeagwalam Matron
18. Mrs. Angelina Ohale Executive Member
19. Mrs. Comfort Ihejieto Executive Member
20. Mrs. Regina Anokam Executive Member
21. Mrs. Priscilla Oparada Executive Member
22. Mrs. Lillian Ekechi Executive Member
23. Mrs. Adline Ejeh Executive Member
24. Mrs. Augustina Opara Executive Member
25. Mrs. Ethel Okere Executive Member
26. Mrs. Chinyere Okorocha Executive Member
D. PAST PRESIDENTS
· Mr. F. Emezi · Chief Ignatius Nnadi
· Chief Simeon Ekeopara · Mr. Gabriel Ekeh
· Barrister (Nze) Joe Okoro · Mr. Edmund Ohale
· Mr. Francis Agoha(late) · Mr. George Obijuru
LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE OF IHIAGWA WELFARE ASSOCIATION HOME
1. Chief F. O. Okorocha - President
2. Mr. Emma Chukwueke - Vice President
3. Ndidi Lawrence Osunkwo - Gen. Secretary
4. Mr. Precious Opara - Asst. Secretary
5. Sup. Apostle Joe Agu - Financial Secretary
6. Deacon James Nwosu - Treasurer
7. Mr. Joe Ibeawuchi - Provost I
8. Mr. Chiaka Nnadi - P. R. O.
VILLAGE LEADERS STRUCTURE IN IHIAGWA
A. Ibuzor Village
1. Chairman - Mr. George Ndukwe
2. Vice Chairman - Mr. Benjamin Osunkwo
3. Secretary - Mr. Ndidi Osunkwo
4. Asst. Secretary - Mr. Eleazar Udenwa
5. Financial Secretary - Mr. Anthony I. Anoruo
6. Treasurer - Mr. Cyril Iheanacho
7. Provost - Mr. Onyegbula Ogwuru
B. Nkaramoche Village
1. Mr. Anthony Amadi - Chairman
2. Mr. Anayo Amadi - Vice Chairman
3. Mr. Precious Opara - Secretary
4. Mr. Eric Eru - Asst. Secretary
5. Mr. Cyril Eke - Treasurer
6. Mr. Omeni Opara - Provost
Ihiagwa Market Union
1. Precious Opara - Chairman
2. Ogbonna Unya - Vice Chairman
3. Joel Okorocha - Secretary
4. Ihunna Nnadi - Asst. Secretary
5. Anele Eke - Provost
6. Daniel Ukawuba - Financial Secretary
7. Elizabeth Nwaneri - Treasurer
8. Chima Ugorji - Task Force Chairman
9. Ogonnaya Nwani - Task Force
10. Lucky Nwachukwu - Task Force
Youth Leadership Structure
1. Kelechi K. Ihueze - President
2. Chibuzor C. Onyeledo - Vice President
3. Humphrey Ekeopara - Secretary
4. Casmir ThankGod Diala - Asst. Secretary
5. Benneth Ekeopara - Fin. Secretary
6. Frankline Nwosu - Asst. Fin. Secretary
7. Cosmos Eke - Treasurer
8. Amanze Iheanacho - PRO
9. Ifeanyichukwu Opara - Asst. PRO
10. Stanley Egegamuka - Welfare/ Social Secretary
11. Martin Oguamanam - Asst. Welfare / Social Secretary
12. Onyinyechi Nwaneri - Provost
13. Chidi K. Ekechi - Asst. Provost
1. Chief Andrew Nnadi - Chairman
2. Chief Damian Ihemedi - Secretary
3. Daniel Okorocha - Fin Sec
4. Deacon Godspower Osuigwe - Treasurer
5. Christopher Ozuruonye - P. R. O.
7. Emmanuel Eke - Circular Bearer
1. Nze/Deacon Mark Agoziem - Chairman
2. Apostle Martin Amadi - Vice Chairman
3. Cyril Ahumibe - Secretary
4.Elder Cornelius Mbah - Asst. Sec
5.Mr. John Ihusah - Treasurer
6. Mr. Ikechukwu Ordu - Fin. Secretary
7. Mr. Sunny Amadi - Provost
8. Mr. George Nwagbaraocha - Asst. Fin Sec
1. Oparada Kingsley - Chairman
2. Benard Obio - Vice Chairman
3. John Ako - Secretary
4. Uzoma Onyewuchi - Asst. Secretary
5. Innocent Onyirioha - Fin. Secretary
7. Peter Opara - P. R. O.
8. Martin Mbata - Provost